June 6 Art Walk Includes New Gallery Debut
1 - May 28, 2008 - 0 Comments
First Friday Art Walk, a free, self-guided walking tour of downtown art galleries, will be held 6-10 p.m. June 6, featuring arts demonstrations, live music, food and fun in 17 participating galleries. For details and an Art Walk map, check out the June Newsletter, now online.
Exciting features in June include the debut of a new gallery, Figment Art Gallery & Culture House, at the Monarch Art Factory.
Figment is the latest project of arts entrepreneurs Randy and Shannon Bacon. In addition to the Figment opening, the adjacent Randy Bacon Studio & Gallery will offer two new art displays, Italy & Tuscany: Acrylic Paintings & Photographs by Helen DePietro and new images from Sweet Life: Portraits and Stories of Cancer Survivors by Randy Bacon, plus The Art of Music, a pair of free Gallery Sounds concerts by local favorite Black Box Revue and Memphis singer/songwriter Natalie Hoffman.
- The Artists of Noircore Media bring a fresh and intriguing perspective to the historic Gillioz Theatre
- Louisiana Artist Greg Chappell makes his second appearance at DB Design Salon & Art Gallery
- Celebrating Freedom, a juried art display with a patriotic theme, features works by the Plein Aire, Splatter and ArtWorx groups at Bellwether Gallery of the Arts
- Oil Paintings by Jim Beasley at Good Girl Art Gallery features works by the former curator of collections and exhibitions for the Springfield Art Museum
- The National Arts Program displays works by Springfield city employees and their families at The Creamery Arts Center
- Stephanie Dark presents the Goth-inspired artwork of mixed-media artist Stephanie Witte at Studio 405
- Family Art Night at the Downtown Y offers affordable child care for ages 3 months-12 years, 6:30-9:30 p.m.during First Friday Art Walk. The cost is $10 per child and includes activities, healthy snacks and an art activity to take home. The June activity is tile painting. Also, articipants in last month’s Family Art Night can pick up their ceramic mugs at their convenience. Contact Kyla Bentley, 417.862.8962, ext. 149, for more information or to pre-register.
For more information about First Friday Art Walk, contact Clarissa French, communications director, at (417) 849-8255 or email@example.com.