Celebrate Center City Saturday May 15
1 - May 13, 2010 - 0 Comments
Join the members of First Friday Art Walk and the Downtown Springfield Association Saturday, May 15, for Center City Saturday, a family-friendly smorgasbord of art, movies, hands-on activities, food and fun for all ages.
- See everyone’s favorite ogre transform into a dad in the FREE 10 a.m. showing of Shrek the Third at Hollywood Theaters.
- Come to Global Fayre, 324 S. Campbell, to enjoy Where the Wild Things Are, and enjoy a day of fun, crafts, music and more with Early Childhood Special Education from 1pm to 5pm.
- Park Central Branch Library, 128 Park Central Square, explores growth and development in a Story Time with a gardening theme and crafts at 1 p.m. The Library will also be featuring cartoons that morning on the big wall.
- Enjoy inflatables on Park Central Square hosted by the Downtown YMCA starting at 1pm. (Weather Permitting)
- Visit Fitzwilly’s Gifts & Antiques, 308 South Ave., to enjoy works by local photographer David Eslick. Whether scenes of the Ozarks or from around the country. David’s work is always a visual treat. And don’t miss Fitzwilly’s buy one, get one free sale on greeting cards.
- Trolley’s Downtown Bar and Grille, 107 Park Central Square, will be offering a great deal to families this Saturday. Stop by for lunch and receive a free kid’s meal with every adult entrée purchase.
- Farmers Gastropub, 431 S. Jefferson Avenue (next to The Moxie Cinema), as it celebrates spring with freshly grown local produce and meats.
- Pick up the Gallery Guide Brochure to experience the transformative power of art in your own Mini Art Walk with family and friends.
ABOUT CENTER CITY SATURDAY
Center City Saturday is a collaborative downtown happening presented the third Saturday of each month by members of First Friday Art Walk and the Downtown Springfield Association.
Designed as a casual, family-friendly daytime event, Center City Saturday strives to introduce visitors of all ages to the art, culture, entertainment, fashion, food and fun of the Downtown Arts District.
Visitors are invited to enjoy live art demonstrations, hands-on activities, special events, shopping, dining, self-guided gallery tours and live performances in a variety of downtown venues.
For more information on First Friday Art Walk Inc., visit www.ffaw.org or check out Art Walk’s page on Facebook.
For more information on DSA and its members, visit www.itsalldowntown.com.