Join the FFAW and our community in celebrating local arts through an Art Contest! We encourage all artists who submit work to the competition, as well as family and friends to be present at the night of the Event October 4th to celebrate and Art Walk! The Event will be held in Downtown Springfield, with the exact location to be announced soon.
This contest is open to all artists age 16 and up who live in the Springﬁeld/southwest Missouri area. The entry fee is $10 per work entered; each artist may enter up to ﬁve individual works of art.
A valid contest entry consists of:
1. An ofﬁcial Application Form (above )
2. Digital images of the works entered. Each image ﬁle should include the artist’s name and work title. Images can be delivered via thumb drive, DVD or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Payment of a $10 fee for each work of art entered, limit 5. Payment can be cash, money order or card. No checks.
• Entry forms and images will be accepted until Friday, Sept. 20th at Springﬁeld Regional Arts Council ofﬁces at The Creamery Arts Center located at 411 N. Sherman Parkway, Springfield MO 65802.
***When submitting art, DO NOT bring art to The Creamery, all entries must be submitted digitally via thumbdrive, DVD, or email.
Specifications for submitted art
• Artwork must be original and have been produced in the
last 10 years. No reproductions or copies may be submitted.
• Acceptable media are Painting, Pastel, Mixed Media, Drawing, Stained Glass, Photography, Ceramics, Sculpture,Textiles and Jewelry.
• 2-dimensional work must be securely framed or mounted and ready to hang, with screw eyes and wire ﬁrmly attached.
• 3-dimensional work should be no wider than 3 feet at its widest point and no taller than 6 feet at its tallest point.
• All work juried into the exhibit will be offered for sale.
• Entries will be reviewed by First Friday Art Walk and Event staff, and select artists will be invited to submit their works for Exhibition and Judging by a panel.
• Final judging – except for The People’s Choice – will take place the week of Oct. 1 ahead of the Oct. 4 Art Walk. The People’s Choice will be voted on by those attending the Oct. 4 Art Walk.
• Cash prizes will be awarded as follows: Grand Prize: $250; Second Prize:$100 Third Prize: $50. The People’s Choice, voted on by visitors to the exhibit: $100. Ribbons will be awarded for the above and up to four honorable mentions.
• Winning entries and artists will be featured on our website and announced on our social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
To print the application for the 2019 Art Walk Contest Click Here!
Join the FFAW and our community in celebrating local arts through an Art Contest! We encourage all artists who submit work to the competition, as well as family and friends to be present at the night of the Event October 4th to celebrate and Art Walk! The Event will be held in Downtown Springfield, with […]